Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to OLLI @ UCI…we’re glad you’re here!
Following is a list of FAQ’s. If we haven’t answered yours, feel free to contact us at OLLI@uci.edu or call us at 949-451-1403.
- I’d like to get a catalog. What should I do?
- Go to www.extension.uci.edu/olli, then click on the Free Catalog Request Form.
- What does it cost to join?
Type Price / Information Yearly Membership $200/yearAvailable for purchase at the start of the Fall semester and includes both Fall and Spring semesters. Academic Year: September – June Semester Membership $125/semester for Fall (September – January)Available for purchase at the start of the Fall semester.
$125/semester for Spring (February – June)
Available for purchase at the start of the Spring semester.
Please note that if you purchase a Fall membership and then add a Spring membership, you will be charged $125 a semester or $250 a year versus yearly membership at $200.
This fee is for a maximum of 6 courses. However, we advertise openings in additional classes. Special Events are unlimited.
- Are there tests?
- There are NO tests, and no homework! The learning experience with OLLI@UCI is different from a standard university course. The classes are generally 2-4 sessions, 1.5-2 hours each.
- What kinds of classes are offered?
- There are lots of great classes (usually 50-60 per semester), divided into several categories:
- Arts and Humanities
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Social Science
- Special Events and Bus Trips (additional fees may apply)
- You can check out our catalog at: http://www.extension.uci.edu/olli to get an idea of the types of courses offered.
- Where are the classes held?
- Most classes are held in our Onken classroom, located at 15207 Barranca Parkway, Irvine. We are located at the Irvine train station, at the corner of Barranca and Ada. There is ample free parking in the parking garage behind our classroom.
- Occasionally, classes are held at the University Club (on the UCI campus) or other locations. Click on Class Maps to view locations and maps.
- How many people belong to OLLI?
- We have approximately 700 members.
- How do I sign up? You can register online by going to www.extension.uci.edu/olli and clicking on Enroll Online Now. You can also call in your registration to 949-824-5414, or download a form from our website and mail it in.
- How do I suggest a course for OLLI? Attend a curriculum committee meeting and share your ideas. Meeting dates are posted in our Onken Classroom, or you can call the OLLI office at 949-451-1403.
- How can I get involved? We need volunteers to facilitate classes, organize events, help out in the office, and more. For information, contact our Volunteer Coordinator Leah Jordan at JordanLR@cox.net or go to our blog at www.olliuci.wordpress.com and click on the tab titled involvement.
Contact the OLLI office at 949-451-1403 or firstname.lastname@example.org.