OLLI at UCI offers a variety of involvement options. When you join as a member, you can participate in classes, special events, Club OLLI, Travel Talks and more. Also available are a wide range of volunteer opportunities.
How Can I Support OLLI?
Member participation in OLLI at U. C. Irvine sustains our ability to offer exciting courses and events at a reasonable cost. What can YOU do to assure our success? Here is a listing of the type of opportunities that OLLI offers its members. If you have a skill or idea that isn’t listed, let us know. We need your help!
- Serve on one of the Curriculum Committees
- Become a Developer of a course
- Offer ideas for courses and /or travel
- Edit course descriptions
- Edit final catalog copy
- Become a facilitator for a course
- Serve on the Finance Committee
- Assist in the management of budget issues
- Serve on the committee
- Explore ideas to increase OLLI’s revenue
- Assist in the planning of fundraising events
- Serve on the Membership Committee
- Assist in planning of New Member Coffees
- Offer ideas for Open House
- Provide ways to connect with new members
- Offer technical assistance for facilitators
- Train facilitators in use of technical equipment for class presentations
- Assist in alphabetizing membership forms (twice a year)
- Clerical help: copying forms, stuffing donor letters (twice a year)
- Telephoning members to complete documentation of enrollment forms
- Serve on the Newsletter Committee
- Be a reporter, photographer
- Contribute copy for the monthly newsletter
- Work with the Director of Outreach to seek areas of collaboration with various community agencies and groups with similar purposes
- Coordinate OLLI publicity to increase recognition of organization
- Become a member of the committee that will reacquaint key UCI faculty and staff with OLLI, seeking potential presenters
- Serve on a Curriculum Committee
(Arts & Humanities; Science/Math/Technology, Social Sciences, Special Events)
- Develop a new course for OLLI
- Serve with one other OLLI member to welcome the presenter, greet the students, maintain class roster, hand out & collect forms, and attend a facilitator training class.
- Become the Technician that assists the Presenter to use OLLI equipment in a smooth manner.
- Assist in planning for Annual Meeting in May; New Member Coffee (Sept/Feb); Open House (Aug/Jan).
Ready to Volunteer or Have More Questions About Volunteer Opportunities?
Send an email to email@example.com, or call 949-451-1403.